I found this old camera in my room when I was moving out as well as some expired film and decided to test it out. I like how a few of the photos turned out, but they're all far too grainy. Another reason they didn't turn out so well is because I just went to CVS to get them developed. All photos taken at the High Line plus one from Coney Island.
I thought I'd share some instagram photos I've taken lately as well as a color palette made from them. From top left: Dia Beacon art, wall mural in Soho, Dentist signage, and Pharmacy type up the street from me. I've been feeling awfully colorful these days. Perhaps it's all these beautiful and bright things I've been seeing.
I thought it'd be fun to start posting mixtapes here every once in awhile with a designed album cover. This mix is a compilation of a few songs that I've been listening to lately on my walks. Sometimes I feel like the streets are talking to me when I'm completely zoned out to the music playing. That's the idea behind the illustration. Hope you enjoy.
Listen → These Talking Streets
01. “Anna Sun" – Walk the Moon
02. “The Penalty" – Beirut
03. “Mountain Sound" – Of Monsters and Men
04. “Apartment" – Young the Giant
05. “Jessica" – Regina Spektor
06. “Last Request" – Paolo Nutini
07. “Somebody That I Used To Know" – Gotye, Kimbra
08. “The A Team" – Ed Sheeran
09. “Shake It Out" – Florence + The Machine
10. “This Boy" – James Morrison
11. “Never Be Daunted" – JayMay
This will be a space for me to post some of my design/illustration work, sketches, photography, etc. Here are some little gifs I made of my Matryoshka sober & drunk dolls.