The wind has been slowly killing my plants, but that won't stop me from still enjoying them.
I noticed myself repeating, "It's just my face!" often enough that I decided to make cards to save some time. I have what some call, "chronic bitch face" or "resting bitch face." I could be casually thinking about my next meal or what my cats are up to and get asked, "Are you okay/sad/mad/tired?" or told "You should smile more/cheer up!"
Most of the time the comments are pretty innocent and well intended (I'm definitely guilty of this too!). But here's my attempt at spreading awareness and shyly telling others to stop worrying about my face. :)
I haven't made a new playlist for 2 years (!), so here's a fun one to make up for lost time.
Listen → Growth
01. "Younger - Kygo Remix" – Seinabo Sey
02. "Flashed Junk Mind" – Milky Chance
03. "Slow Dance" – John Legend
04. "batard" – Stromaeo
05. "Lose Your Soul" – Dead Man's Bones
06. "Addicted To Love" – Florence + The Machine
07. "Rise Up" – Andra Day
08. "Pumpin Blood - Acoustic" – NONONO
09. "Let Me Down Easy" – Max Frost
It's always nice to step away from the computer and create with my hands. Here are a few collages I've made recently in my sketchbook.
You know those magazines you get twice a week addressed to the previous tenants? This 200+ page (!!) Bergdorf Goodman mag came the other day and instead of the usual dump in the recycle bin I decided to practice some letter sketches on it. I roughly wrote the first thing that came to mind when I flipped through the pages. I love the way the marker feels gliding over the glossy paper.
I've always been a plant lover, but I have two cats and a black thumb. I'm trying to change that – the black thumb at least, the cats can stay. The snake plant was my first plant crush and the longest plant I've managed to keep alive to date!
It can tolerate low light and survives neglect. Water only when the soil is dry about half way down the pot. If you're not sure, err on the side of not watering as overwatering causes the roots to rot.
As I'm turning this black thumb of mine green I'll be posting more plant crushes and tips I learn along the way!
Listen → Rouge
01. “Royals" – Lorde
02. “You've Got Time" – Regina Spektor
03. “That's What She Say" – Wild Child
04. “At Home" – Crystal Fighters
05. “Mr. Medicine" – Eliza Doolittle
06. “Breaking Up" – Classified
07. “Big Parade" – The Lumineers
08. “Sail" – Noosa
09. “Own Side" – Caitlin Rose
10. “We are the Tide" – Blind Pilot
When my boyfriend and I moved to New York City a little over a year ago we realized we were eating out A LOT. So I took to tracking all of these places and wanted to document them somehow. Here are the results! Click on the image to see the full size. Click here for a full list of places.
I'm constantly in awe of all the beautiful type I spot around me. Here's a handful of my favorites lately.
I re-purposed an illustration that never made the cut at work to be an ice-cream craving monster. I can relate to that. My favorite is mint chocolate chip or anything peanut butter and caramel.
Listen→ Walk On By
01. “Al's Song" – Emma Louise
02. “All This Time (Pick-Me-Up-Song" – Maria Mena
03. “Walk On By" – Noosa
04. “1000 Sundowns" – Emma Louise
05. “We'll Fall Asleep" – Wilderness Survival
06. “Dance, Dance, Dance" – Lykke Li
07. “You've Got The Dirtee Love" – Florence + The Machine
08. “25" – Oskar Linnros
09. “Winter Song" – Sara Bareilles, Ingrid Michaelson
10. “Broken Headlights" – Joey Ryan, Sara Bareilles
11. “Hope" – Twista, Faith Evans
12. “Bird Song" – Florence + The Machine
13. “Just Ain't Gonna Work Out" – Mayer Hawthorne
Illustrations of my cats because well..I'm that cat mom.
This instacolor is from all B&W photos I've taken. It's that kind of day today with Frankenstorm brewin' out my window
I'm having collection withdrawals. When I moved to NYC I only packed two suitcases and sold/donated/stored the rest of my belongings. Over the years I have collected a lot of stuff–mostly a lot of old stuff. Unfortunately, I had to leave most of my collections back home in storage. I stumbled across these photographs I took a few months prior to moving for a catalog I was creating that documented part of my collections and part everyday items. I took them all with film, which made the process much more special to me. You can see the final catalog in my portfolio here.
I decided it was time to make another mixtape. This one starts out slow, but ends with a dance.
Listen → Candles
01. “Candles" – Daughter
02. “We Don't Eat" – James Vincent McMorrow
03. “Atlas Hands" – Benjamin Francis Leftwich
04. “Truth" – Alexander
05. “Hard Way Home" – Brandi Carlile
06. “Modern Drift" – Efterklang
07. “Vi kommer alltid ha Paris" – Veronica Maggio
08. “Moi Je Joue" – Brigitte Bardot
09. “D.A.N.C.E." – Justice
10. “Ce Jeu" – Yelle 11. “Rum Hee" – Shugo Tokumaru